Sunday, February 10, 2008

Gong Xi Fa Chai !!

I'm finally home! yay! :) After being 3 days away from home, I certainly missed my comfy bed soooooooooo much! Anyway, this year my family went back to my parents' hometown which is PENANG! Woohoo!!! Yeap....it's the state which has the most yummiest and cheapest food you can find in Malaysia..haha..So here's the updates on my first 3 days of CNY.

1st Day of CNY:

I woke up quite early which was around 8am because my family and I had to get ready and pack everything into the car for our trip up north..Furthermore, my sis woke up late as usual so instead of leaving the house at 9am, we left half an hour later..While waiting for my sis to get ready, we took some pictures. Here's some of them...* mommy dearest and I * * mommy and daddy *

Finally after leaving the house, we stopped by our nanny's house to "pai lin" and have breakfast. Received some angpau as well..haha! After eating breakfast, we had another photo session at her house. FYI, my nanny has being taking care of my sis and I since the day we were born..so we practically treat her as our real grandma..hehe! we love her to bits!! *my sis and I with our "grandma" ** me, daddy,mommy and sis *

After that, we left straight for up north...traffic was very bad at some sections where the highway had only 2 lanes. Usually, the journey from KL to Ipoh only takes 2 hours but on that day it took us almost 3 or 4 hours to reach there.Haiz..It was really bad.. Finally at Ipoh, we stopped by at my aunt's house for lunch and some rest. At her house, I managed to watch CJ7 and my favourite, Alvin and the Chipmunks! OMG...Theodore (the chubby chipmunk who wear a green top) is so darn adorable..and it's not a kiddie movie okay...Oh yea the alien in CJ7 is super duper cute and funny..hehe! I collected more angpau..hehehe!

Right after I finished my movie, we left for Penang and as usual jam again..by the time we arrived in Penang, it was around 7pm.. had dinner at a Japanese restaurant until 10 something..LOL! Collected more angpau! haaha! That's it for the day #1 !
* The Sunset on the Penang Bridge- what an amazing sight*

2nd Day of CNY:

My family and I slept at my uncle's house so today we had "hoi lin" lunch prepared by my uncle's wife (my aunt lor).. We had yummy soup, fatt choi, prawns, vegetables, abalone, and so much more..I didn't take any pictures of the food though..lolz..After that, we visited my other aunties (mom and dad's side) and collected more angpau.muahaha! While going back to my uncle's house, I passed by the famous Fatty Loh Chicken Rice stall..which was OPEN! Too bad we were already full..here's the big signboard on the road.
Later at night, we had my mom's family reunion dinner at the Jade Palace at Wisma Chocolate..Yeap that's right it's called Wisma "Chocolate"..haha! The food however was bad and the service was even worse. Never going back there to eat anymore..

3rd Day of CNY:

Today was our last day in Penang so being my usual self, I will never leave Penang without eating at least some of my favourite Penang food.hehe! Luckily nearby the house, one of the hawker places were open so we walked there for some breakfast..Super duper yummy!! Here's some of the food we ordered..
* Penang Wantan Mee is the best! You can never find it in KL ** Penang Hokkien Char also can never be find in KL also*
* Penang Char Kuey Teow and Roti Babi *

A final photo session with my aunt, cousin and niece...Instead of the usual 4 hours drive from Penang to KL, it took us 8 hours...double the length of the journey...Haiz..I'm just so glad I'm back home....Missed my comfy bed so so muchie!


Introducing the new member of the family...little baby Amber!! She's only 1 and half months old..so darn cute right? heehe! Chubby and adorable..* Baby Amber sleeps like a log.. you can bring her to a concert and she'll still be sound asleep..*

That's it..Gong Xi Gong Xi! =)

No comments: