Thursday, April 10, 2008

What a holiday ?!

Here's the post which I had promised earlier on about my short holiday trip to Bandung, Indonesia. So here it goes...

During my one week semester break, my mom and I went to Bandung. My sis was supposed to join us but due to work, she had to pass even though we had already paid for the airport tax and everything. Luckily, we got free tickets from AirAsia during their free tickets promo in January so my mom still can claim back the taxes she paid.

So why Bandung? Hmm...well, it's because they're supposedly to be famous for factory outlets selling branded items and since I haven't been there, we decided to go there...However, I have to disclose that it wasn't a good trip though. You'll know why by the end of my post. Lolz! I shall let some of my pictures do the talking because I'm lazy to write :p

Day #1:

We left for LCCT around 9 in the morning for our 11 something flight. Here's our ride!
AirAsia Indonesia. If I'm not mistaken, the flight number was QZ7592. It's a really tiny plane man..

Guess where I sat...If you can't see, it's the emergency exit seats. I was so worried if something were to really happen, I would have to open the emergency door. Luckily, nothing happened. Phew!!


Here's the view from my window seat. I love the fluffy clouds. I was actually imagining the scene from the series, Triumph in the Skies. Even their theme song was playing in my head. Lol. I miss that show so much.hehe!After that, I camwhored a bit with my mom..haha!* shyt! i've gone fatter edi *

Here's some other random pictures on the plane.*my bright and cheerful rainbow knit bag ** see those papers there? it's my OB notes. I brought them to read for my assignment. LOL! ** did you know that's a bag? Supposedly to look like some leather jacket. Lol! it's unique but I don't like it. so tacky looking *

Anyway, we finally arrived in Bandung after a 2 hour flight. I was super shocked to see their airport. OMG! it totally didn't look anything like an airport. It was WAY worse than our LCCT. It was practically a tiny building. There was no proper immigration counter and luggage collection place..it was so terrible I tell you. I had to practically push myself to reach for my luggage. So much for a good impression huh? Haiz...

After getting our luggage, we grab a taxi to take us the hotel. The taxi guy totally ripped us off just because we're tourist.. Damn pissed off!

One thing I was happy about was the hotel we stayed in. I'm so proud of my dad for working in the hotel industry. Because of that, he has friends working in different hotels around the world so we managed to get a 4 star hotel at a very low price. And we were upgraded too. The service was super nice man..The HR manager even entertained us. I felt like a VIP man..HAHA! :) Arion Swiss Belhotel was where we stayed. Definitely would suggest you guys to stay there. Very good service there. Here's the pictures of our room:
* nice room rite? hehe! *
* those are real fresh flowers okay? *
* compliment fruit basket/platter *

Immediately after checking in and everything, we went shopping straight away. Our 1st stop was Heritage. It's a factory outlet with loads of original branded clothes but they also had some fake goods as well. So you've gotta be very careful when buying. Most of these factory outlets are in big bungalows along the street. It was definitely very tiring cuz we had to walk, walk and walk just to get to another factory outlet. They were all scattered everywhere. Luckily I did some research and checked out the ones that are worth going to. So Heritage was one of them. At the end of day, I was actually pretty upset as I had only bought like 2 tops. I had too high hopes for Bandung. Haiz. :(


to be continued.....

No comments: