Saturday, May 17, 2008

Shrimp Crazee

** Totally scrumptious and delicious food alert!**

A new restaurant is open in the Curve! Woohoo!! It's my new favourite place! :)

"Bubba Gump Shrimp" is the name. If you had watch Forrest Gump in the past, then you'll know why the name sounds so darn familiar. Anyway if you don't know, I'll tell you why la..


In the movie, there was one character by the name of Bubba who had a shrimp boat (catches shrimps for a living) and was a good friend of Forrest. So after the movie was aired, some people came up with the idea of having this restaurant. The deco is really nice similar to how TGIF's deco except it's decorated in Southwestern style. Very Alabama (hometown of Forrest Gump) !

Oh by the way, they have a souvenir shop too! I wanna get their baby tee but so expensive la. RM80 leh..ish!

Enough of the history la, it's time to move on with the FOOD! haha! ;p

Hmm..how would I describe the food in Bubba Gump Shrimp?


Just four words! ~ Huge and super Delicious!

Here's the pictures..

* cutie shrimp! *


* Their famous concept! ~ don't need any assistance from the waiters, put this *
* if you need them, put this and they'll come straight away (sort of) *
* Bubba's army uniform *
* a ping pong bat as part of the menu? Darn cool! *
*my favourite dessert! Alabama Mud Pie is superbly d'lish! *
* Looks really good..so gonna try it next time! *
* fried calamari with bell peppers - my fav!!*
* clam chowder with crackers *
* my sister's fish burger *
* fish, shrimp and mash potatoes with creamy sauce and tortilla strips *

My highlight dish= Alabama Mud PIE!!!
* it's extremely huge! Can seriously share with 8 people! *
* a closer look. I wana eat it again! *



Anyway, my family and I didn't really eat their signature shrimp dishes. Dunoo why! Though I will definitely try next time!



Anyone wana go??? haha! Call me! hehe :)

No comments: